Netgear genie extender setup wizard will help you to configure Netgear extender using a web browser, which is connected to your home Wi-Fi. If you want to know how to use Netgear genie smart setup Wizard, then follow these steps mentioned below because these will help you properly perform the whole process.
Steps for Netgear Genie Smart Setup:
- Make sure that the Extender is present nearby the Wi-Fi router, once the configuration process is completed, you can shift the extender to another location.
- Connect extender and electrical outlet; wait until the LED status of the device turns to green.
- Click on icon “network” present on the taskbar; choose “Netgear Ext” from the Wi-Fi network
- On Netgear Genie Setup Page, open a new browser window, if there are issues, go to My Wi-Fi Ext, for username and password, type “admin” (username), and “password” (password).
- Choose the “Wi-Fi network” followed by “continue”. Submit “network password” in the “passphrase box” and continue.
- Enter the Wi-Fi extender’s new name in Network SSID Box – 2.4 GHz and continue. Choose the checkbox “Use the Same Security Mode” for security settings that present WIFI uses to.
- Connect all wireless devices and systems with a new Wi-Fi Extender network.
- Select “My wireless device connected with Extender checkbox” and continue.
- Disconnect the range extender from the power source and then, connect it again to a power source and wait until the LED status change to green.